CRAFTiness & Knitting Fun!

Hermione-inspired fingerless gloves/convertible mittens! (Updated)

Here's the inspiration:

(Thanks Leaky!)

Hermione's awesome fingerless gloves from the first Deathly Hallows film! Aren't they great and slouchy and wonderful?

Here are two more pics:

 

Great stuff, right?

SO, first step, the yarn:

This batch o' loveliness was on sale for $1 each!
Then, the patterns.

Many quite talented and brilliant peeps had already figured out the pattern for these fingerless gloves, but I wanted 'em to be convertible into mittens as well, SO, with the help of the internets, some trial and error, and one so-so pair to start with, I put together these three patterns:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Hermione Fingerless Gloves By: Lindsey Carroll (also available on Ravelry)

Fingerless mittens with a flap, by cw3129

And the Broad Street Mittens by by Janis Cortese.

Put 'em all together, whizz 'em all up, and here's the finished product:



:D

I'm really quite proud of 'em! And very much looking forward to weather that's just the teensiest bit friendlier to fingerless gloves/convertible mittens than a Miami summer!

A bonus: In putting the pattern together and making them, my knitting knowledge went up by about 400%! So, as Charlie Sheen'd say: winning!

At the moment, the pattern's a bunch of scribbles on a piece of paper. If anyone's interested in it though, please let me know, and I'll happily type it up and post it.

Hope the knitting fairies and penguins of creativity are smiling on you!! xo
:)

Update: Here's the pattern (that's a link to download it directly. To see it first, opt to print, etc., etc., it's here)! All written up and shiny. It's my first one, so be gentle with letting me know if there are any big ol' gaffs! And enjoy!! :D

Hello & welcome!!

Hi! Welcome to my little corner of the interwebs. I'm Francesca (I also go by Frenchie). I'm a writer, crafter, DIYer, photog...